Home » Pet Services
- Leashes – All dogs, cats, and exotics must be on a leash or in a carrier and controlled by the owner.
- Drop Off Policy – For all animals to be dropped off we request they be at our clinic at 8:00am.
- Pick Up Policy – Pick up time for dropped off pets is between 2:00 and 4:30 PM.
- Flea Policy – If your pet is dropped off with fleas, we will treat them with Capstar or Advantage at the owners expense.
- New Prescriptions – There will be an $5.00 administrative charge for all written prescriptions.
We’re pleased to offer the following services at Best Vet:
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come to the hospital immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
Emergency & Urgent Care
Emergencies can be situations such as possible poisoning, lacerations, or major trauma.
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 5 days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet’s life. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening. If you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment, our veterinarians will work to “squeeze” you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
Outside of our regular business hours, we will refer you to a properly equipped and staffed hospital that is able to manage your pet’s life-threatening situation. Also, because we are not staffed overnight or on weekends, if we have a critically ill hospitalized patient, we can recommend a 24-hour facility for appropriate overnight care.
Types of Pets Seen
We can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets
- and more